Kissable Lips On Valentines Day
Valentine’s Day is the perfect holiday to experiment with your look and to impress your true love. Whether you are hitting the town after work or spending a romantic evening with your man, looking your best is the key to a beautiful night. Your makeup should be fun and flawless with an emphasis on natural beauty… the same beauty he fell in love with.
If you are going to wear a bright colored red lip:
1. Even out your skin tone with a tinted moisturizer or light-weight foundation to remove any redness from the skin
2. Fill in those brows with a soft taupe pencil to add balance to the strong lip.
2. Use a neutral toned light brown or taupe eyeshadow just in your crease, to enhance your eyes a bit, yet still keeping the look very natural.
3. Apply brown or black liner lightly (just on the lash line), and of course, mascara.
4. Instead of blush, just use a bronzer on your cheeks, and a highlighter on the highs of your cheekbones.
Now for the lipstick:
1. Make sure you choose a shade that best suits your skintone; whether its a red-orange, blue red, or a brick red, always go with your gut. If you love the way it looks, he will too.
2. If wearing lipstick is a little out of your comfort zone, then try dabbing the lipstick onto your lips with your fingertips. This gives your lips a nice, softer hint of color; more like a stain, and it won’t kiss off on him either;)
3. Top it off with some gloss if you’d like, or not. I love a good matte lip in the winter time though.
A few of my favorite red lipsticks:
Thank you and have fun!!! xx